The Environmental Law area of Pines Bach has the experience, knowledge, and commitment necessary to successfully address complex environmental issues. Environmental law is a multifaceted web of federal, state and local laws and agency and court case law. Throughout its history, the firm has guided clients through this web and obtained positive, effective results.
One major focus of the firm's environmental law practice is advocacy and litigation. The firm has represented many and varied interests to effect positive environmental results in both state and federal courts and agency adjudications.
Together with the firm's governmental relations practice, the environmental law practice also represents environmental interests before state and local government agencies and guides clients through the intricate lawmaking process.
Whether clients face environmental issues in advocacy, litigation, or lawmaking, the environmental law practice of Pines Bach is prepared to provide effective representation.
- Intervened on behalf of environmental group in proceeding before the Kentucky Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet regarding coal-fired power plant's construction permit
- Represented environmental group in litigation in U.S. District Court in Illinois where coal-fired power plant's permit to construct had expired
- Continued representation to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit in case involving constitutional issues and issues of standing
- Intervened on behalf of environmental group and ratepayer advocacy group in Public Service Commission of Wisconsin proceeding regarding installation of pollution control equipment
- Counseled environmental group in agreement with DNR regarding the operation of a hydroelectric dam in northwestern Wisconsin
- Negotiated with other stakeholders on behalf of environmental groups and utility ratepayer advocacy group in proceedings before the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin to establish conservation, energy efficiency, and ratemaking policies consistent with the recommendations of the Governor's Task Force on Global Warming
- Intervened on behalf of environmental groups and utility ratepayer advocacy group in contested case before the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin related to the proposed construction of a wind facility by a public utility in Minnesota
Environmental Law Attorneys
Our attorneys have a strong commitment to environmental advocacy and litigation and have represented clients in a number of settings, including the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin, federal district courts, and the United States Courts of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and D.C. Circuit.