Holly Slota is an Attorney with the firm's Family Law Practice Group. She has been practicing law since 2003 and joined the firm in 2016.
Holly concentrates her practice in divorce litigation, collaborative divorce, appellate practice, international child abduction cases, and estate planning. She also serves as a Guardian ad litem in family law matters. Holly volunteers at the Dane County Family Law Assistance Center. Ms. Slota is licensed to practice in the State of Wisconsin.
Holly was recognized as a Rising Star in Wisconsin Super Lawyers in 2010, 2011, and 2013. Recent publications include Eckhardt’s Workbook for Wisconsin Estate Planners (coauthor, 2014 and 2016) and Preventing and Responding to International Child Abduction, American Journal of Family Law, Vol. 23, No. 2 (Summer 2009). She also served as the Wisconsin delegate at the 20th Annual Symposium of the Family Law Council of Community Property States in Albuquerque, New Mexico, where she presented a paper entitled “Back to the Basics: Overview of Community Property in Wisconsin.” She has served as faculty for the Divorce Proceedings section of the UW Law School’s Lawyering Skills Program and has been a guest presenter at the law school’s Family Law I course and Domestic Violence Seminar. She has also trained domestic violence advocates about the role that guardians ad litem play in family law cases involving domestic violence at the Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence’s Family and Immigration Law Training.
Holly’s extensive appellate practice in the area of family law has yielded several published decisions including Chen v. Warner, 2005 WI 55, 280 Wis. 2d 344, 695 N.W.2d 758, and Wright v. Wright, 2008 WI App 21, 307 Wis. 2d 156, 747 N.W.2d 690. In 2015, she presented at the State Bar of Wisconsin’s Guardian ad Litem training regarding the role and duties of guardians ad litem on appeal.
- Family Law
- Family Law – Appellate
- Collaborative Divorce
- Guardian ad Litem matters
- Farm Divorce
- Military Divorce
- International Child Abduction/Hague Convention
- Estate Planning
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, Wisconsin
- J.D. - 2003
- Honors: State Bar/Law School Academic Achievement Award
- Honors: Bruce Beilfuss Memorial Award
- University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point
- B.A. - 1998
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: National Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- Honors: Chancellor's Leadership Award
- Honors: University Leadership Award
- Major: Political Science
- Major: English
- Wisconsin, 2003
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Family Law Section
- Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin, Member
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, Member
- Dane County Bar Association, Member
- Legal Association of Women, Member