Attorney Joshua J. Kindkeppel concentrates his practice in the areas of business, real estate, and employment law.
Josh handles business start-ups, represents clients in business acquisitions and guides owners through break-ups and dissolutions. Over the years, he has represented a variety of businesses and professionals including attorneys, accountants, body art studios, chiropractors, contractors, childcare providers, dentists, engineers, farmers, gas station and convenience store owners, hair and beauty salons, insurance firms, landlords, machine shops, music artists, nurses, physicians, professors, technology firms, therapists, veterinarians, writers and more. Additionally, Josh represents non-profit organizations.
Josh prepares, negotiates, and advises clients on contracts and enjoys representing clients in commercial and residential real estate purchases/sales. He also frequently provides employment advice to business owners, human resource departments, and individuals. Josh represents graduate students on academic appeals and university disputes. His goal in each academic case is to ensure that his clients complete their coursework and graduate from their respective programs. Josh's practice also includes the areas of business and real estate litigation, representing professionals in licensing appeals, and mediates cases through the Dane County Case Mediation Program.
Josh is an active member of the community. He was elected by his peers to serve as president of the Dane County Bar Association and the Sun Prairie Rotary Club, and he, along with three other Sun Prairie attorneys, founded the Sunshine Legal Clinic, a free legal clinic to assist those who could otherwise not afford to consult with an attorney. As a result of Josh's devotion to public service, he was featured by the Wisconsin Law Journal as part of its Asked & Answered Series ("Business Attorney makes Public Service part of his Practice").
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Real Estate
- Employment Law
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2003
- Honors: President, Student Bar Association,
- Honors: Res Ipsa Hockey Team
- Ripon College, Ripon, Wisconsin
- A.B. - 2000
- Honors: Student Senate, President (elected for two terms)
- Honors: Member of Killer Whale Research Team, San Juan Island, Washington
- Honors: Division I Forensics Team
- Visiting Faculty - Lawyering Skills Course, taught both Residential Real Estate and Representing the Small Business Owner classes , University of Wisconsin Law School
- Wisconsin Bar Leaders' Conference
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dane County Bar Association, Board of Directors and Past-President
- Joseph A. Melli (Dane County Bar) Attorney Mentorship Program, Co-Founder
- Joseph A. Melli (Dane County Bar) Attorney Mentorship Program, Co-Chair
- American Inns of Court, James E. Doyle Chapter, Barrister
- State Bar of Wisconsin Local Bar Relations
- Wisconsin Lawyer Assistance Program Committee
Pro Bono Activities
- Board of Directors, WisTAF