Attorneys Lester Pines and Tamara Packard utilized the ancient quo warranto action to obtain judicial declaration that their clients are the rightfully elected officers of the Madison Audubon Society. The vote was 188 to 55. The lawsuit arose because the MAS refused to recognize the membership of over 170 individuals who joined the organization on the day of the election and voted for those whom the MAS subsequently refused to recognize as the winners of the election. A Dane County judge found that the new members were in fact members entitled to cast ballots in the election and to have those ballots counted. March 2012.
EFFICIENT We effectively staff each case to optimize results.
- Pines Bach Partner Christa Westerberg authored a chapter in the American Bar Association’s recent book, Ensuring an Informed Public: State Open Records and Meetings Laws.
- Lester Pines, Senior Partner, was chosen as Madison’s Best Attorney
- Ten Pines Bach Attorneys Honored in 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®
- BEST OF THE BEST: SOCIAL MEDIA MEETS GOVERNMENT ACTORS
- Pines Bach Attorneys Win Victory Blocking Unlawful GOP Redistricting Counsel Contracts