In a case argued by CWPB partner Lester Pines, in October the Wisconsin Court of Appeals reversed the Iowa County Circuit Court to rule in favor of a teacher from the Iowa-Grant School District. The teacher had retired early based on an agreement with the school district that it would fully pay for her health insurance premiums. The Court of Appeals held that the school district violated its agreement with the teacher when it unilaterally stopped paying all of the teacher’s health insurance premiums, and awarded the teacher reimbursement for insurance premiums and out-of-pockets costs that were incurred due to the school district’s failure to comply with the parties’ contract.
EFFICIENT We effectively staff each case to optimize results.
- Madison School District Violates Labor Law, Undermining Teachers’ Union
- Pines Bach LLP Partner Christa Westerberg authored a chapter in the American Bar Association’s recent book, Ensuring an Informed Public: State Open Records and Meetings Laws.
- Lester Pines, Senior Partner, was chosen as Madison’s Best Attorney
- Ten Pines Bach LLP Attorneys Honored in 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®
- BEST OF THE BEST: SOCIAL MEDIA MEETS GOVERNMENT ACTORS