In February 2016, Lester Pines and Tamara Packard won a $2.218M jury verdict against Dean Health System in a breach of contract case on behalf of a physician who was denied his contractual due process rights and fired after 30 years of practice. To win the case, they first had to overcome federal and state law presumptions of immunity that health care systems have against such lawsuits, and then prove the contract breach and resulting damages. The jury verdict was one of the largest awarded in recent years in Dane County, and similar cases brought around the country have rarely gotten past the presumptions of immunity.
EFFICIENT We effectively staff each case to optimize results.
- Pines Bach Partner Christa Westerberg authored a chapter in the American Bar Association’s recent book, Ensuring an Informed Public: State Open Records and Meetings Laws.
- Lester Pines, Senior Partner, was chosen as Madison’s Best Attorney
- Ten Pines Bach Attorneys Honored in 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®
- BEST OF THE BEST: SOCIAL MEDIA MEETS GOVERNMENT ACTORS
- Pines Bach Attorneys Win Victory Blocking Unlawful GOP Redistricting Counsel Contracts