Attorneys and Lester Pines settled a civil rights claim against Wisconsin State Representative, Dale Kooyenga, with the State of Wisconsin paying $30,000 in damages for Kooyenga’s theft of a sign with a proper permit that had been displayed in the rotunda of the Wisconsin State Capitol. Kooyenga took the sign because he objected to its criticism of President Trump and his supporters. Commenting on the settlement, Lester Pines was quoted in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: “We are pleased with the settlement because it is an acknowledgment by Rep. Kooyenga that he violated the Eighth Commandment-thou shall not steal.”
EFFICIENT We effectively staff each case to optimize results.
Dumas & Pines Settle Civil Rights Claim against State Rep. Kooyenga
On Behalf of Pines Bach LLP | Apr 3, 2018 | 2018 News |
- Madison School District Violates Labor Law, Undermining Teachers’ Union
- Pines Bach LLP Partner Christa Westerberg authored a chapter in the American Bar Association’s recent book, Ensuring an Informed Public: State Open Records and Meetings Laws.
- Lester Pines, Senior Partner, was chosen as Madison’s Best Attorney
- Ten Pines Bach LLP Attorneys Honored in 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®
- BEST OF THE BEST: SOCIAL MEDIA MEETS GOVERNMENT ACTORS