Leslie Freehill, an Associate in the firm's Litigation Practice Group, helps clients achieve quality and cost-effective results in the areas of civil litigation, environmental and energy law, civil rights, election law, and regulatory matters. She has been named a Super Lawyers "Rising Star" in Environmental Litigation each year since 2018. Prior to joining the firm, Leslie served as Staff Attorney to the Dane County Circuit Court, giving her insight into the judicial perspective to better advocate for her clients both inside and outside the courtroom.
Leslie has experience in state and federal litigation and appeals, before administrative agencies, and in private arbitration proceedings. She has successfully represented citizen groups seeking enforcement of environmental laws, employees challenging their termination, professionals defending their licensure before state boards, and citizens seeking governmental records through open records requests.
With a Master's degree in Environment & Resources, Leslie brings a scientific, technical approach to helping her clients navigate complex legal issues. She has worked at various levels of government, from the Madison City Attorney's Office to the USDA Office of General Counsel. Leslie is admitted to practice law in Wisconsin and Illinois, and in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin.
Leslie is admitted to practice law in Wisconsin and Illinois.
- Civil Litigation
- Environmental & Energy Law
- Administrative Law
- Political & Election Law
- Appellate Practice
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- Juris Doctor
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies
- Master of Science
- Iowa State University
- B.S., Bachelor of Science
- Honors: magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Legal Association for Women, Board of Directors
- Common Wealth Development, Board of Directors
- American Inns of Court, James E. Doyle Chapter, Member
- Wisconsin Association for Justice, Member
- Savanna Institute, Advisory Council Member
- Dane County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- American Bar Association, Environment, Energy & Resources Section Member
- “From the 2020 Election to Redistricting: Lawyers at Work,” Panel Member, State Bar of Wisconsin Annual Meeting and Conference (June 2021)
- “Battle for the Ballot Box,” Wisconsin Lawyer (April 2021)
- “Wisconsin Legislature Weighs Changes in Establishing Certain Water Quality Standards,” Environmental Law Section Blog, State Bar of Wisconsin (February 2020)
- “2017 Wisconsin Act 369 Spells Changes for Environmental Practitioners,” Environmental Law Section Blog, State Bar of Wisconsin (January 2019)
- “High Capacity, High Controversy: The Battle Over Wisconsin Wells Continues,” Environmental Law Section Blog, State Bar of Wisconsin (December 2017)