Elisabeth S. Bach-Van Horn is an Associate with the firm's Family Law Practice Group. She joined the firm in 2011.
Prior to joining the firm, Liz was a staff attorney with Legal Aid of Western Missouri, representing victims and survivors of domestic abuse in divorce, paternity, and child custody matters.
In addition to representing clients in a variety of family law matters, Liz has particular training and experience in representing children's best interests as a Guardian ad Litem, and in representing clients in collaborative divorce, a process that is designed to address all of the traditional divorce issues in a manner which is conducive to positive results for the whole family.
- Family Law
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Collaborative Divorce
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Kansas City, Missouri
- Honors: magna cum laude
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
Prior Legal Employment
- Legal Aid of Western Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri, 2007-2010
- Jackson County Family Court, Kansas City, Missouri, 2007
- Wisconsin, 2011
- Kansas, 2008
- Missouri, 2007
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Family Law Section
- Dane County Bar Association
- Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin
- Dane County Coordinated Community Response to Domestic Violence (CCR DV)—Legal Issues Subcommittee
- Comment, Virtual Visitation: Are Webcams Being Used as an Excuse to Allow Relocation?, Am. Acad. Matrim. Law, 174, 2008