Amanda K. Gennerman
Amanda K. Gennerman has been practicing immigration law exclusively since 2004. Prior to joining Pines Bach, LLP she was the founder of Gennerman Law Group located in Madison, Wisconsin (2004-2020).
Amanda's practice focuses on multiple areas of immigration law, including family-based petitions (adjustment of status applications and consular processing and removal of conditions); humanitarian petitions (VAWA Self-Petitions and U Non-Immigrant Visas Petitions, Asylum applications, TPS and DACA); Naturalization applications and Removal Defense. She advises on the immigration consequences of criminal convictions.
Amanda represents clients before USCIS Field Offices and the EOIR/Immigration Courts and BIA. She has litigated immigration matters in both the Western and Eastern District of Wisconsin. She is a licensed to practice in the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Amanda is not only dedicated to her practice but is committed to supporting immigrant communities. She is a cofounder, board member and volunteer of the Community Immigration Law Center (CILC) in Madison. She trains volunteers for CILC's bi-weekly "walk-in" legal clinic. She has presented on immigration topics to community organizations through-out Wisconsin, local middle/high schools, the University of Wisconsin (Madison and Eau Claire), Waukesha County Technical College and the Wisconsin State Bar. She has been a mentor to several Department of Justice Board Accredited Representatives and she has mentored in the Dane County Bar Mentorship program.
Her work has been published in the Immigrant Legal Resource Center, "U Visa Manual." She was voted a Rising Star Attorney of Wisconsin in 2006, 2008, 2009 and was awarded the Dane County Pro Bono Award for Legal Services in 2010. She is a member of several immigration professional organizations including National Immigration Project/National Lawyers Guild, ASISTA and American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
On a personal note, Amanda is the mother of two boys. She enjoys her yoga practice, hiking and biking with the boys. She always makes time for March Madness.
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- J.D. - 2003
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin
- B.A. 2000
- Major: Women’s Studies and Afro-American Studies
- Gennerman Law Group, Founder, 2004 to 2020
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Dane County Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Rising Star Attorney of Wisconsin in 2006, 2008, 2009
- Dane County Pro Bono Award for Legal Services in 2010
- Waukesha North High School “Wall of Stars” Recipient, 2015
Pro Bono Activities
- Community Immigration Law Center, Co-Founder
- Community Immigration Law Center, Board Member
- Community Immigration Law Center, Volunteer
- ASISTA, Member
- National Immigration Project/National Lawyers Guild, Member